Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Searching for a new game

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ceriodaphnia

Searching for a new game Empty
PostSubject: Searching for a new game   Searching for a new game I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 2:10 am

Yo pepz!

Ill be honest and say that a got a real passion for games in overall. And I own quite many Smile even the old computer game called Prince.
To bad it aint working on my comp now haha, would bring back memories.

Now im all dried out of any great games. My computer aint the best out there any longer which sucks.
And im tired of all these brainless repeatable killing games such as CS, BF, Quake, UT, C&C, Age of empires series etc...

Soooo, Im looking for a game which has a nice story line, like FF7 for an example. Any ideas on one?

I don't really have any requirements. Just give me some examples and ill check if they are any good.
Ow and if you could play LAN then it would give a great boost to the excitement Smile Cuz i usually play with my lil bro.

Thank you in advanced Wink
Back to top Go down
Ufis*
Admin
Ufis*

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a new game   Searching for a new game I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:05 pm

So play FF7 then? Very Happy and, are you looking for any specific genre?
Well, if you wanna games with good storyline try The Suffering (FPS/Horror), Penumbra (Horror/Puzzle), TimeShift (my fav FPS) as for let's say RPG, you can try Diablo2, Sacred. Civilization 3, Heroes of Might and Magic 3 are great strategy/turn-based games. Also there are plenty of mini games (how I call them) which are great, that's: Audiosurf, World of Goo.
Well, it'd be better if you said what genre you're looking for
Back to top Go down
ceriodaphnia

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a new game   Searching for a new game I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 3:46 pm

Already cleared FF7 for like 6 times Razz

Thanks ill take a look at the ones you said, tho some of em I already own.

Yeah your right, maybe i would have specified a certain genre. But its hard to say exactly what im looking for cause I like pretty much everything as long as it got a nice story line.

FPS, RPG(MMORGP Included) & strategy.

Tho you already posted those genres but ill check more thoroughly what im acctually looking for later Smile

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Ufis*
Admin
Ufis*

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a new game   Searching for a new game I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:11 pm

Alright, write it down here if you'll find something you're really interested in Smile . Also, I just started playing myself Resident Evil, pretty good FPS/RPG, try it, if you haven't tried it yet.
Back to top Go down
ceriodaphnia

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a new game   Searching for a new game I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 2:03 am

I actually found a MMORPG game. Freeware, quite intresting. Havnt really got into it yet but still.

Called Sword of the new world. Instead of playing with only one character you'll be playing with a group of 3 characters which you will lvl up etc etc Smile Quite nice.

Im still searching for that non online game with a nice storyline heh, there isnt so many of them you know. Not any who appeals to me anyway.
Ill need to buy a new graphic card tho, only got 68 mb on it and it doesn't support the "latest" shader system. So timeshift didn't work(You need Shader 3.0) cyclops

Anyway, still searching through the sea of games bounce

[EDIT]

Ow and im decided that im searching for a FPS game or a 3:d person view game. Action/Sci fi/fantasy. Razz

Which one of the Resident Evil series have you started playing?
I remember when it first came out on PS1, that was a awesome time haha. I cleared that game on about 1,5 day haha, loved it so bad!
Back to top Go down
ceriodaphnia

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a new game   Searching for a new game I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 12:25 am

I decided to play a FF game Smile So, FFX here I come, don't have playstation tho but I found a emulator so hopefully everything will go smooth =)
Back to top Go down
Ufis*
Admin
Ufis*

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a new game   Searching for a new game I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 12:02 am

ceriodaphnia wrote:
I decided to play a FF game Smile So, FFX here I come, don't have playstation tho but I found a emulator so hopefully everything will go smooth =)
and how did it go? I once tried to play FF: Dirge of Cerberus on that epsx2 (or whatever) emulator, and i had max like 3fps. Turns out, you need a really good PC for that (I'm talkin' about 2x core processors, 2GB ram ++, crazy video card and so on). Ofcourse if you have all that, then lucky you Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
ceriodaphnia

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a new game   Searching for a new game I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 12:34 am

Yeah, didn't turn out so well. I mean, i had 15-20 fps and it all looked good.
But it was lagging, both sound and graph, so I guess my cpu aint enough or my ram :/

Oh well, even if I hate to buy new hardware, Ill guess ill do it. I mean it just doesn't feel right if a playstation 2 game is too much for my computer haha.
Oh well, until then ill just play the old FF9 (which I got a emu for aswell and and using my buddy's FF9) Works like a charm Razz

Ill have a look out for more games which would work on our computers and tell you if I find anything intresting! Smile

Cya affraid
Back to top Go down
Ufis*
Admin
Ufis*

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a new game   Searching for a new game I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 11:16 pm

Your video card is only 64MB and doesn't even support pixel shader 3.0? hah, man, you definitely need to upgrade it. And if you're looking for FPS/Sci-fi game, you can try Doom 3. It's really great, graphics are bad-ass, and it doesn't even need a super fast PC to run it. Even I can run it Very Happy, and that's something, cos my PC is pure crap. Though Doom 3 is also a Horror type game, dunno if you like that kind of... And, I was talking about Resident Evil 4, ofcourse you can try Resident Evil 5 too, but I guess your PC is a insufficient for that.
Back to top Go down
ceriodaphnia

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a new game   Searching for a new game I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 6:15 pm

haha thats right, but I think its useless to buy a super graphic card if you don't have a super processor Smile Ive already ordered some pieces.
Im building my own computer. Its going to be bad-ass thats for sure haha.

Yeah ive played Doom3, its great and its shocking how that game can work on our computers haha. I havnt completed Doom3 tho, its too scary haha. And Doom3 can be played CO-OP multiplayer and its great fun, try it out sometime.

Resident Evil 4 was okey. The girl was annoying(protecting her and all). "Can you run it" says my computer doesn't make the minimum requirements for Resident Evil 5 so I won't bother trying Razz
Back to top Go down
Ufis*
Admin
Ufis*

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a new game   Searching for a new game I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 2:37 pm

Good luck on building your own PC Smile

ceriodaphnia wrote:
I havnt completed Doom3 tho, its too scary haha.

Hehe, I feel ya, I quicksave like every 10 seconds while playing it Very Happy .
Oh and also, try BioShock. You may be able to run it on lowest settings, and the game it self is amazing.
Even tho I had really bad lags while playing it, but that didn't stop me from finishing it 2 times ^^.
Back to top Go down
ceriodaphnia

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a new game   Searching for a new game I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 3:46 pm

hahaha yeah Quicksave is your best friend Razz Ill take a look at Bioshock ^^

[EDIT]
I tried checking wether my graphic card would work or not on Bioshock.
This is my result from "Can you run it":

Searching for a new game Red_x_small_min Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 64 MB
Searching for a new game Green_check_small_min Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Searching for a new game Green_check_small_min Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Searching for a new game Red_x_small_min Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 3.0 , You have - 2.0
Searching for a new game Red_x_small_min Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 3.0 , You have - 2.0

Still sure I can run it on the lowest settings?
(And downloading in Sweden now is really risky, new law about piracy etc. Allowing pretty much anyone to monitor peoples downloading and uploading)

^^
Back to top Go down
Ufis*
Admin
Ufis*

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a new game   Searching for a new game I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:29 pm

wow... your graphics card really sucks Very Happy which model is it?

thank god that Lithuania doesn't give a shit about piracy cheers . And, you can try downloading while using proxies, I don't think they can track you that way.

Eh, and I checked Doom 3 yesterday, and there's no multiplayer co-op -.- argh.. and you got my hopes up, I was already planing on playing it on LAN with my bro Sad

P.S. If you haven't already, try The Suffering ( this game is even free on filefront.com )
Back to top Go down
ceriodaphnia

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a new game   Searching for a new game I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:31 pm

Havnt tried using proxies yet. Gonna check it out.

My grapic card is a integrated one Razz into the motherboard. ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Series Razz

Doom 3 COOP Mod
I believe it was that one me and my bro used when we played.
Back to top Go down
Ufis*
Admin
Ufis*

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a new game   Searching for a new game I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 2:19 pm

Integrated one.. hah, no wonder it's total crap Very Happy

Wow! thanks a lot for this mod, didn't even know such existed. Am gonna play doom3 with my bro now, that's for sure ^^

Edit: if you don't know how to use proxies with Firefox, you can follow this guide made by me Razz
(Scroll down to Solution 2 (solution 1 would work also))
Edit2: P.S. I see you're badass with Photoshop. Wanna make me a signature pic ? Razz That is of course if you're bored and got nothing to do.
Back to top Go down
ceriodaphnia

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a new game   Searching for a new game I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:43 pm

Hmm.. I made an answer on your previously reply. But it seems like someone deleted it OR it never was there in the first place...
So this time ill keep it short Razz

Yeah that mod is awesome. Played for hours with my bro ^^

bout' the signature part. Ofc I can Razz I just need some guidelines.
Example of guidelines:

* Theme? as in Anime or Games etc
    * Pick a picture to have in your signature, like ive got Saber on mine.
    * What should it say, should it be your nickname? ( ufis )
    * Any demands on what kind of colors I should use?
    * Etc

WOOHOO. Thats pretty much what i need to know dude Razz
Bring it!

Cya
Back to top Go down
Ufis*
Admin
Ufis*

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a new game   Searching for a new game I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:22 pm

ceriodaphnia wrote:

bout' the signature part. Ofc I can Razz I just need some guidelines.

Hells yeah! I know exactly what I want, I just though you'd say :"Hell no, do it yourself, you lazy bastard" Very Happy . So, let's get you started Very Happy

Theme : game/manga
Pic: https://2img.net/h/i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd351/Ufis-/cover.jpg (sorry that it's so freakin' huge Embarassed )
Text: either none, or Code: "Vergil" but that's only if you get it to look real badass. Yeah.. well no text is better ^^
Colors: since he's in purple you should go by something like it too, somethin' dark maybe..
Misc: would look nice if he smoothly "melt" into the background ^^. And basically what I want is a bunch of random stuff, like on your sig (less maybe, yeah a lot less Very Happy)

Thanks a lot! I owe you one Wink
Back to top Go down
ceriodaphnia

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a new game   Searching for a new game I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 6:12 pm

My internet has been down for a while now. So ive not started doing your sig. But ill start do it on friday k dude?

Hopefully ill be done with it by then aswell. You'll prolly notice when im done Razz

Btw, the pic you gave me. Do you want him in the sig only or something else in it aswell? ( the Devil may cry text or somethin )

Peace afro
Back to top Go down
Ufis*
Admin
Ufis*

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a new game   Searching for a new game I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:48 pm

Heh, no problem mate ^^
Yeah, only the dude would be nice. But, if you wanna you can make a "version2" with text:
"Code:
Vergil"

Btw, I found a great game "Prey". Just started playing it myself the other day. It has badass graphics, +I'm 100% sure you can run it, because it runs on a modified Doom3 Engine, so it looks basically like Doom ^^. Only it's 10x weirder, and has pretty lame story 'n all, but as a shooter, I'm lovin' this game Smile
Back to top Go down
ceriodaphnia

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a new game   Searching for a new game I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 11:25 pm

My text techniques is quite bad to be honest Razz but ill do some samples and show you and you'll decide Razz

OMG! I checked the official site of Prey and that just looks BAD ASS! It looks even more creepy than Doom3 Razz ( I love the story haha, simple and just SLAUGHTER! )
Im absolutly going to check this game out!
Back to top Go down
Ufis*
Admin
Ufis*

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a new game   Searching for a new game I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 3:35 pm

Doom is way creepier and better, but Prey is a good alternative if you have already played Doom3 ^^. Also, Prey is wayyyyy more bizarre, the weapons and the environment look really weird, but if you like bizarre stuff, this may be just the right thing for you Smile, glad you liked it.

EDIT: Do you have MSN or Skype? It'd be way easier to chat, then in the forums ^^
Back to top Go down
ceriodaphnia

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a new game   Searching for a new game I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 2:42 pm

Im done Razz

BUT! Please tell me if something isnt as you want it to be. Cause this was just ment to be a Finished beta version if you could call it that Razz

So, say what you think of it and ill see what I can do study

Searching for a new game Ufissigx1

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img80/5664/ufissigx1.jpg

Btw, Ill send my msn by PM, don't want to get spammed or something ^^
Back to top Go down
Ufis*
Admin
Ufis*

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a new game   Searching for a new game I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 4:01 pm

Oh man... this is just pure rape! Lots of weird, future-tech kinda stuff in the background, the colors are perfect, and the text looks sexy. I'm lovin' it!!! It was definitely worth waiting for it. Thanks man! I don't know what else I'd want from it, it's just perfect Very Happy . God damn you're great with Photoshop, I mean, this just looks pure badass. Thanks again cheers

EDIT: can you please make another one, which would have instead of "Code: Vergil" , "Ufis" text? ^^ (keep the font and colors, everything the same) thanks in advance! Just wanna see how it'd look..
Back to top Go down
ceriodaphnia

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a new game   Searching for a new game I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 12:29 am

Haha no problems mate Razz Anytime! geek

Code: Ufis or just Ufis? and yes I could do that, takes me like 2 minutes ^^ not so hard heh

Btw, any of the new animes you can recommend, I saw you spammed K-on big time in the web chat ^^ Havnt tried watching it, guess ill give it a go.
Back to top Go down
ceriodaphnia

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a new game   Searching for a new game I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 12:34 am

Ive got a project atm Razz

As you've noticed im good at doing these "high tech" sigs. And yes, I suck when it comes to other types.. Sooooo, right now im trying to make a more romantic anime sig Razz Quite hard if you ask me hah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a new game   Searching for a new game I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Searching for a new game
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next